The Summer CSA share provides farm fresh, organically grown produce on a weekly basis beginning the first week of June – August (13 weeks). Both regular and large shares are available. Regular shares are designed for 1-2 adults. Large shares are designed for small families. Over the course of the summer, shareholders can expect to receive most of the following items:
- Apples – several varieties
- Beans – green beans and other varieties
- Beets – red and golden
- Bok Choi
- Cabbage – green and red
- Cucumbers – slicing, pickling, Japanese, Armenian, and Cucumelons
- Culinary herbs: basil, parsley, sage, oregano, chives, thyme, mints, etc.
- Kale – several varieties
- Kohlrabi – white and purple
- Lettuce – many varieties
- Melons – cantaloupe, muskmelon, watermelon
- Microgreens – several varieties (new this season!)
- Okra – green and red
- Onions – yellow, white, & red varieties
- Peppers – bell, banana, chili, jalapeno, etc.
- Potatoes – Red, Yukon gold, and other varieties
- Radishes – several varieties
- Scallions (bunching onions)
- Sweet Corn
- Swiss Chard – several colors
- Summer squash – patty pan, crookneck, butternut, spaghetti, zucchini
- Tomatoes – 60+ varieties of tomatoes, including heirlooms and cherry tomatoes
Surpluses available during the summer may include beets, chard, green beans, okra, onions, peppers, radishes, sweet corn, summer squash, tomatoes, peppers, and zucchini. Strawberries, blueberries, and mushrooms are also available in limited quantities by special order.
Bonus: All shareholders receive a 12 oz. honey bear as part of the summer CSA share. Shareholders may also opt to purchase an egg share to receive weekly eggs with their CSA shares.
2018 Summer Regular CSA share is $546 + tax [This is equivalent to $42/week or $6.00/day]
2018 Summer Large CSA share is $728 + tax [This is equivalent to $56/week or $8.00/day.]
Large CSA shares generally contain about 35% more volume than the regular CSA shares. You may upgrade your regular share to a large share at any time by paying the difference. Likewise, if the large share is too much volume for you to use, you may revert to a regular share at any time and we will credit you the difference.
If you are interested in a working share, please contact us.