The 2019 Fall CSA share provides farm fresh, organically grown produce on a weekly basis from the second week of September through October (8 weeks). Both regular and large CSA shares are available. Regular CSA shares are designed for 1-2 adults. Large CSA shares are designed for small families. Over the course of the fall season, shareholders should expect to receive most of the following items:
- Apples – several varieties
- Beans (green beans and other varieties)
- Beets – several varieties
- Bok Choi
- Kale – several varieties
- Melons – cantaloupes, muskmelons, watermelons
- Okra – green and red
- Onions – red, yellow, and white varieties
- Peppers – bell, banana, chili, jalapeno, cayenne, habanero, anaheim, etc.
- Potatoes – Yukon Gold and purple varieties
- Radishes – several varieties
- Scallions (bunching onions)
- Squash – several varieties
- Sunflower seeds
- Sweet Potatoes
- Swiss Chard – several colors
- Tomatoes – over 60 varieties, including heirlooms, paste, and cherry tomatoes
Surpluses available may include chard, kale, okra, peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips, green beans, or Jerusalem artichokes (sunchokes). An early frost may reduce the overall volume of the shares by killing frost-sensitive crops.
Bonus: All shareholders receive a half pint of jam or jelly as part of the fall share.
2019 Fall Regular CSA share is $350 + tax. [This is equivalent to $43.75/week or $6.25/day.]
2019 Fall Large CSA shares is $470 + tax. [This is equivalent to $58.75/week or $8.39/day.]
Large CSA shares generally contain about 35% more volume than regular CSA shares. You may upgrade your regular share to a large share at any time by paying the difference. Likewise, if the large share is too much volume for you to use, you may revert to a regular share at any time, and we will credit you the difference.
If you are interested in a working share, please contact us.