The 2019 Summer CSA share provides farm fresh, organically grown produce on a weekly basis beginning the first week of June – August (13 weeks). Both regular and large shares are available. Regular shares are designed for 1-2 adults. Large shares are designed for small families. Over the course of the summer, shareholders can expect to receive most of the following items:
- Apples – several varieties
- Beans – green beans and other varieties
- Beets – red and golden
- Bok Choi
- Cabbage – green and red
- Cauliflower – white and purple
- Cucumbers – slicing, pickling, Japanese, Armenian, and Cucumelons
- Culinary herbs: basil, parsley, sage, oregano, chives, thyme, mints, etc.
- Garlic – hardneck and softneck varieties
- Kale – several varieties
- Kohlrabi – white and purple
- Lettuce – many varieties
- Melons – cantaloupe, muskmelon, watermelon
- Okra – green and red
- Onions – yellow, white, & red varieties
- Peppers – banana, bell, jalapeno, cayenne, habanero, chili, sweet, etc.
- Potatoes – Red, Yukon gold, & purple varieties
- Radishes – several varieties
- Scallions (bunching onions)
- Sweet Corn
- Swiss Chard – several colors
- Summer squash – patty pan, crookneck, butternut, spaghetti, zucchini
- Tomatoes – 60+ varieties of heirlooms, slicing, cherry, and saladette tomatoes
Surpluses available during summer may include beets, chard, green beans, micro-greens, okra, onions, peppers, radishes, sweet corn, summer squash, tomatoes, peppers, and zucchini. Blueberries and mushrooms are also available in limited quantities by special order.
Bonus: All shareholders receive a 12 oz. honey bear as part of the summer CSA share.
2019 Summer Regular CSA share is $550 + tax [This is equivalent to $42.30/week or $6.04/day]
2019 Summer Large CSA share is $740 + tax [This is equivalent to $56.92/week or $8.13/day.]
Large CSA shares generally contain about 35% more volume than the regular CSA shares. You may upgrade your regular share to a large share at any time during the season by paying the difference. Likewise, if the large share is too much volume for you to use, you may revert to a regular share at any time and we will credit you the difference.
If you are interested in a working share, please contact us.